Contact us regarding non-support related topics
Learn a little about us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bell 206 version 1.1
04-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Bell 206 version 1.1
Hi Guys,

I downloaded the new version and pointed the installer to my FSX SE installation.
(C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)
What I got was a "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder placed inside my FSX directory.

What to do with the contents of the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Simobjects and Effects folders seemed obvious enough.
However, the Gauges folder and the Sound folder were not as obvious, and none of the folders enclosed in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder were mentioned in the Readme file.

I copied the contents of the Gauges folder (BladeSlapSND folder with enclosed .xml, and dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau) and pasted them into the FSX Gauges folder.

I then copied the contents of the (ERS) Sound/BladeSlapSND folder (BELL206-SLAP1.wav, BELL206-SLAP2.wav, and Sound-Config.ini) and pasted them into my FSX Sound folder.

Its not that I have any problems to speak of as regard the sounds, it is just that they seem to be the same sounds as before. I removed my aircraft folders from the original installation, but were there any sound, effect, or gauges files which needed to be removed from the previous installation?

Since FSX also includes the stock Bell 206 files, it is not quite obvious whether there are leftovers which may be affecting the new sounds. I suppose I could download a copy of the previous version and see what sound, gauge, and effect files were included.

My other question, also not clear in the Readme had to do with the flight dynamics.
I think I understand about the multiple .air files included with each aircraft folder, but I am only guessing that the flight dynamics folder included in the unzipped download folder are those by Jordan Moore, and they are meant to replace both of the .air files mentioned in the Readme. I am also curious about the significance of the .cfg files included with Jordan's .air files.

Sorry to be so dense, its been a while since I have played with files, and some of these just aren't obvious.

Cheers
Gary
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Bell 206 version 1.1
Hi Gary,

There was a snafu with the installer not placing the directories/files in the right locations, that was my fault. The only thing I suggest is installing to a temp folder and moving the folders/files manually.

The original release didn't include any of the special sound gauges/blade slap sound, it was added to this release.

The folder with the new flight dynamics are optional and is not required. Those were made by Jordan Moore and was not part of the installer. Only the original FDEs made by Brandon are included by default, this includes 2 different AIR files of only one is active across all models, the other is optional.

Sorry for the mixupSmile

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!
04-17-2015, 10:03 AM
(04-17-2015 04:36 AM)euroastar350 Wrote:  Hi Gary,

There was a snafu with the installer not placing the directories/files in the right locations, that was my fault. The only thing I suggest is installing to a temp folder and moving the folders/files manually.

The original release didn't include any of the special sound gauges/blade slap sound, it was added to this release.

The folder with the new flight dynamics are optional and is not required. Those were made by Jordan Moore and was not part of the installer. Only the original FDEs made by Brandon are included by default, this includes 2 different AIR files of only one is active across all models, the other is optional.

Sorry for the mixupSmile

Roger alla that George,

No worries, many thanks to you guys for another sweet ride!

Cheers
Gary
04-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Just as an update,

Oddly enough after the FSX Steam Edition update of 4/24, the blade slap sound effect I was wondering about has noticeably kicked in... go figure.

Cheers
Gary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)