View screenshots and videos of our add-ons
Contact us regarding non-support related topics
Learn a little about us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EMB120 liveries
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
EMB120 liveries
Hello! First off, I want to say I am a big fan of your EMB120 aircraft for FSX! Since it is an update of Eric Cantu's EMB120 for FSX, I was curious if I could use a livery that was created for the FS2004 model on your FSX-modified model or would the modifications render the FS2004 livery unusable? I would really like to use a modern Delta Airlines livery on your model but if it won't work or it isn't recommended, then I won't bother with it.

Thanks again, in advance for your assistance! Smile

tchapman1977
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: EMB120 liveries
(02-05-2012 10:01 PM)tchapman1977 Wrote:  Hello! First off, I want to say I am a big fan of your EMB120 aircraft for FSX! Since it is an update of Eric Cantu's EMB120 for FSX, I was curious if I could use a livery that was created for the FS2004 model on your FSX-modified model or would the modifications render the FS2004 livery unusable? I would really like to use a modern Delta Airlines livery on your model but if it won't work or it isn't recommended, then I won't bother with it.

Thanks again, in advance for your assistance! Smile

tchapman1977

Since the mapping for the FS9 and FSX versions are the same, yes you can....but you would have to create your own specular maps to match the livery you want to use and they have to be in DDS format.

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: EMB120 liveries
To add to what George said, the textures do not have to be DDS, but that is the proper format for FSX. They are more FPS friendly than the BMP format.

[Image: ers_brandon_sig_mar2012.png]
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.7GHz | 8GB DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GTX 760 | Windows 8.1 64 bit | FSX Acceleration/SP2 (DX10 Mode)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)