Learn a little about us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Texture Problem with 'FL & LS' B206III
08-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Question Texture Problem with 'FL & LS' B206III
Hi Folks,

My first post, so please be gentle with me Rolleyes

First of all, many thanks for providing the Floats & Low Skid versions of Owen's Jet Ranger (the JR always looks better to me on low skids - but that's just personal preference). I downloaded these versions from Hovercontrol last year, but encountered a problem that I could never get an answer to (or even a reply!) on other forums.

I installed the new versions as per instructions, and indeed they showed up and loaded just fine. The 'problem' I have, however, is in adding new textures to the default 'N206EC' FL and LS ones. I need to make myself clear about this: I know HOW to add new textures - it's slightly more complicated than that.

For example; whereas the No Doors and TV sub-types show up as different models in FS9, and are therefore fairly straightforward to add new textures to (i.e., these show up as new variations of the models), the FL and LS models are showing up in the Variations list itself. Adding new texture folders to these models doesn't work; they just show up blank or blacked-out, even after careful tweaking of the .cfg details. I noticed that the mdl file provided with the FL and LS versions states the model as 'Bell206B.mdl', whereas the ND and TV versions will state 'Bell206B_ND.mdl' or 'Bell206B_TV.mdl'. Could this have something to do with it?

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong, and maybe offer a clear explanation as to how to add new textures to models that are themselves showing up as new Variations?

As a side issue (assuming I can fix the 'problem'), I noticed some great new textures on here for the FL/ND models. I haven't noticed these on Hovercontrol or any other site, so I'm wondering where they live?

I hope I've explained this clearly enough Confused If not, my only excuse is that my last brain cell died off this morning and I find myself somewhat intellectually challenged at the moment. Cheesy

Thanks for your help on this one!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Texture Problem with 'FL & LS' B206III
Hi Andi,

From what I see, no repaints are showing up in your aircraft selection menu. Can you provide shots of your aircraft cfg or paste the contents from that here? We'll take a look to see if there are any problems there.

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!
08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Texture Problem with 'FL & LS' B206III
(08-20-2012 05:53 PM)euroastar350 Wrote:  Hi Andi,

From what I see, no repaints are showing up in your aircraft selection menu. Can you provide shots of your aircraft cfg or paste the contents from that here? We'll take a look to see if there are any problems there.

Thanks for getting back to me on this, George. It's been many months since I gave up on this problem but having looked at it again in the last couple of days I think I've sorted it. The textures I was trying to add to the FL version were for a Jet Ranger which appeared in an Australian TV show called 'Chopper Squad'. These were originally made by Hovercontrol member, Manilow, for FSX. Now then, I thought I had successfully converted these to work in FS9, but it seems I hadn't Embarrassed

At first try, the 'Chopper Squad' textures weren't appearing in the variations list, and the best I could get was a greyed-out model with no textures at all. I know now that this is a completely different problem to the one I thought I had - and have proved it by successfully transferring a texture set from Owen's 'default' Jet Ranger to the LS version. I also now feel like the local village idiot Shocked

I don't expect you to give me an in-depth tutorial on converting FSX textures to FS9, so we can safely let this post slide and chalk it up to experience. Just goes to show that even when I think I know what I'm doing with FS9, actually, I don't!!! Laughing Rolleyes Cheesy

Thanks again for your reply.

Andi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)